Resolution season should be in fall with new back-to-school supplies. Or in spring with the bright yet fragile green of buds unfurling.
So these are not resolutions. Nor are they entries on a bucket list. I find the idea of checking things off before I die more grim than motivating, as if life is a series of things on a to-do list.
They're things I think would be interesting to learn or experience someday. If I happen to do them and if I remember this blog entry I'll come back and add the date. Some obviously require far more commitment, funds or time than others. These aren't arranged in order of likelihood or priority--they're random.
- Make sushi
- Ride in a hot-air balloon
- Have a radio show
- Ride my bike through Italy. Or maybe France. Possibly England. All three.
- Or just ride my bike on an epic biking tour somewhere in the US
- Scuba dive
- Make cheese
- Watch 100 classic movies
- Bungy jump
- Go to Alaska
- Take a sabbatical
- Raft down the Grand Canyon
- Find my maternal grandmother’s family home in England
- Sew a quilt
- Learn to change a tire on a car (which I can do on my bike--much easier!)
- Write a book (technically, I wrote one for the North Idaho Centennial celebration, but I mean a real book with characters, plot, all that jazz.)
- Learn some form of martial arts
- Do a handstand
- Start a business
What are your "maybe I'll do this someday" items?